We’ve just had another rather busy week here in Redwood with more family visitors. On Wednesday night last we had an extra seven guests for dinner!
I had no time to go baking, or conjure up a dessert, so I opted for a starter. This particular starter has had a couple of different permutations in the past few weeks, as we’ve had tons of pears, but we’ve decided this is our favourite combination.
It is so so so very nice we might even have it again this evening.
Recipe (for 2)
- 2 pears – peeled and sliced
- 1 or 2 oz. of Gorgonzola cheese
- A couple of walnuts chopped/broken into pieces
- A drizzle of Balsamic vinegar.
Arrange first three ingredients on plate, and at last minute, just before serving, drizzle on your Balsamic vinegar.
- Omit the walnuts and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves instead.
- Subsitute goat’s cheese for the Gorgonzola – with this combination I lightly grilled the cheese (partially, as it was too cold, straight from the fridge).
Let us know if you try any of the combinations…. or even invent your own!
PS: sorry the photograph isn’t great…. we’re back to winter indoor lighting 😦