Remember my rant just 11 days ago about my mobile phone and lack of customer service from Samsung? Well, folks, it has got worse. Truly.
I think the Worst Customer Service Award in the World can now be awarded to Three.
Let me fill you in.
I finally got what is called a PRN number from Samsung a few days after my rant post. They told me to contact Three who would arrange the replacement phone through some ‘PRN’ arrangement – which as I understand it, means Three replace my phone, and Samsung replace the phone to Three.
The past week went like this.
- Initial phone call made to Three – spoke to some nice charming man in India – who asked me to forward the confirmation email that I had received from Samsung.
- I did this.
- I got an email back saying Three don’t accept ‘forwarded’ emails! What???? Could I do a screenshot?
- I did screenshot and attached this to the email (there was a request to keep the email thread going!).
- A different person responded to say they hadn’t got attachment
- This went on for about 10 emails…. each time from a different person in India.
- Eventually contacted Three in Ireland via Twitter who ‘would look into it’.
- Friday evening last I got an email from India saying they don’t have a ‘PRN’ arrangement with Samsung.
- Monday morning contacted Three Ireland via twitter asking for a phone number or email address to speak to someone in Ireland directly – gave them my number so they could contact me.
- Various dm’s but no phone call, nor no contact number given.
- Yesterday, Wednesday, I had a call from India again. They want me to send the phone to Fonemenders again for verification that it doesn’t work!!!!!
- Tried the person behind the Twitter account again. And you know what they are saying to me now? That I should go and talk directly to Samsung as they have said they would replace it!!!
I can tell you I was extremely angry with the final call from India. He could actually track the worksheet from Fonemenders and yet wanted me to send it off again!
Why would I send it off again to a company who have already examined the phone and sent it back ‘fixed’….. it wasn’t/isn’t fixed. I have no faith in Fonemenders. Their by-line is laughable.
The response from Three twitter has to be almost laughable, if I wasn’t so angry. Their idea of customer service is to pass the buck!
Oh and by the way….. yesterday I also tagged Samsung Ireland and Fonemenders in various tweets. Did any of them respond? Not on your nelly!
Do any of these ‘mobile’ phone people do customer service?
I have the phone 18 months. Bought it from Three. Have been paying them handsomely each month.
And they are just ignoring me!!!!!!!!!
The fight is not yet over. As you can imagine, I really do not give a tuppenny hoot who replaces my phone. I just want it replaced.
IT DOES NOT WORK AS A MOBILE DEVICE. IT HAS TO BE PLUGGED IN AT ALL TIMES.
Has anyone had good experience with these companies? I’d love to hear of your experiences.
And, of course, would be thrilled if you spread the word about this shoddy service 🙂
Rant over (for now).