I had heard of this ‘award’ last year and tried to find out more about it…. but ran into a dead end.
Did the same this year, and no matter how deep you dig – it is impossible to find out where it originates from, or how it started. So, my conclusion is that it is just a chain mail type of thing, that started somewhere and has just continued to go round and round since! Sounds sinister in one sense.
However, when you stop and get over yourself on the ‘sinister’ bit. What’s the harm? It is all about being nice to 5 other bloggers. That’s all! Just sharing the love!
So the lovely lady who often joins me in some rants on twitter – Maggie at Foodborn and Bred – was kind enough to nominate me for the award which was really rather nice. Thank you so much.
So now she has set me the challenge to pick 5 other bloggers to nominate.
There are rules – there are always rules – and yes, you could take the attitude that rules are made to be broken! But I will try to be good. There aren’t that many rules – only 5.
- You thank the person who gave you the award
- Then link back to that person’s blog
- Copy and paste the Liebster award to your own profile
- Pick 5 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed (they have to have under 200 followers)
- Then finally blog it and leave a comment to let your 5 choices know they have been chosen.
The bit I find the most challenging…. and I hope I don’t insult, or embarrass anyone here. How do I know how many followers people have? I may well just be plain thick and there is an obvious answer to this. But in the interim forgive me – no insult is meant.
Here, in no particular order, are my five nominations. (Should have drum roll now – this is just like the Oscars!)
- Dee at GreensideUp for her great gardening advice and handy growing vegetable tips – which reminds me I need to go get my tomatoes and chillis planted for this year!
- Karen at FollowTheFoodLink for the insightful pieces she writes about Irish food. And she makes some damn nice bread too!
- Gillian at Chocolate Here who is taking a little break from blogging at the moment so she can enjoy her new LittleButton, but will be back… and Gillian also makes the nicest chocolate things ever!
- Fiona at Hunterslodge Living who shares our love of pigs, hens and growing vegetables.
- Sharon at Foodie Fancies who wrote a lovely piece about us for the Irish Examiner, and who is also soon to open up her own cafe in Dingle… best of luck Sharon!
So there are my five nominees.
It is difficult to single out just 5 of the many blogs I read some of which have lots of followers – I have deduced this from the amount of comments they get. Is this how you judge these things? Maybe someone will give me an inspiring answer!